ANNOUNCEMENT: Foursomes Allowed at all SCPC Golf Courses Starting Friday, May 22nd!!!
In line with Governor Murphy’s recent Executive Order all Somerset County Park Commission golf courses will begin booking up to foursomes at all our courses this Friday, May 22, 2020. Our automated tee time system will begin accepting modifications and regular bookings tonight at 9:00 pm.
Individual courses will also be available during normal hours to book and/or modify tee times and schedule power carts. Our central call center (908-722-1200 ext. 4357) will continue to take calls Monday to Friday between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm for tee times, power carts and registrations.
Ranges will also be open to the public during normal hours, beginning Friday at Neshanic Valley, Quail Brook and Spooky Brook. The lower range at Neshanic Valley will continue to serve range members only. The upper range near the main clubhouse will be for public use. Neshanic Valley non-range members will pay for balls at the Learning Center building window with credit or gift cards and then proceed to the upper range to their balls (please remember to stop at the Learning Center to get your bucket before coming to the main clubhouse). Quail Brook customers will purchase balls at the clubhouse window with credit or gift cards. Spooky Brook customers will call the golf shop and purchase balls over phone with credit or gift cards. REMEMBER STAY AT LEAST 6 FEET APART AT ALL TIMES – SOCIAL DISTANCE RULES ARE IN EFFECT!
The Somerset County Park Commission is excited to announce that its golf courses will be opening on Saturday, May 2nd!
The Park Commission has set forth practices and procedures to be followed by staff members and golfers to ensure the safety of everyone. County golf courses will be open to a variety of requirements, restrictions and important changes to limit the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus). The safety and well-being of its staff and golfers is the Park Commission’s number one priority.
All tee times must be booked and paid in advance. This will allow for golfers to check-in with the course starter and tee off while social distancing from others.
*The Somerset County Tee Time Service will be active at 5:30PM tonight
General Golfing Policies and Procedures:
Golf Shop Hours of Operation:
- 8AM-8PM: Monday-Friday.
- 7AM-8PM: Saturday, Sunday & Holidays.
*Golf pro shops at all golf courses including the Learning Center at Neshanic Valley and all other amenities at all courses shall be closed to the public. All restroom facilities will be closed to the public at all courses.
Booking and Pre-payment options:
Fees and Tee Time Reservations: All rounds of golf and cart rentals will be prepaid by credit card, and tee times shall be reserved and canceled utilizing one of the following options:
- Book and pay through the Somerset County Golf tee time service: https://somerset-county-parks.book.teeitup.com/
Booking Instructions for Tee Time Service:
– Click Login/Sign Up in top right corner of the page
– Login with Email (email you used when registering for a county card) and password you created on the tee time service
– Once you are logged in, you can book tee times for all courses
– If you have not signed up already, click the Login/Sign Up button and proceed to the Sign Up section on the next page
– Enter in all the correct information, especially the email address (make sure to use the same one you used to register with)
– Create a password that is a at least 8 characters with a minimum of two numbers
– Once you are done with creating the password click Sign Up and you are all ready to book tee times
If you are having trouble with booking online, please call GolfNow Support at (844)-800-4653 and they will be able to help you out.
- Call the golf course pro shop directly, and give them credit card information over the phone to pre-pay:
Green Knoll: (908)-722-1301
Learning Center: (908)-369-8232
Neshanic Valley: (908)-369-8200
Quail Brook: (732)-560-9199
Spooky Brook: (732)-873-2242
Tee times will be staggered at sixteen (16) minutes apart at all golf courses
Tee times shall be limited to two (2) players
* Park Commission gift cards may be used only when calling the pro shop directly to book your tee times
Reminder: All tee times booked must be paid for at the time of booking. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Other Guidelines, Procedures & Precautions:
- Walk-on play will not be permitted at this time to limit the interaction and to continue to follow social distancing practices
- Please do not show up earlier than 10 minutes before your tee time. Practice putting greens and driving ranges are closed. Accordingly, there is nothing to do prior to your tee time.
- Golf carts shall be limited to single occupant unless two individuals desiring to share a cart are immediate family members, caretakers, household members, or romantic partners
- Golf club and pull cart rentals are suspended until further notice.
- Range bag stands, bunker rakes, benches, ball washers, water coolers and all other “touchable” items have been removed from the golf course until further notice.
- Coolers, score cards and pencils shall be removed from each golf cart until further notice.
- A PVC cup liner will be installed at the bottom of each flag stick so as to prohibit a golf ball from entering the hole. As there is no need, there shall be absolutely no touching of flag sticks
- Practice putting greens will be closed until further notice.
- Practice areas at all courses (except for The Learning Center) will be closed to the public Only Learning Center members holding season passes may utilize the Learning Center practice areas.
Practices and Procedures at Neshanic Valley Learning Center:
- The 9-hole Academy Course will be walking only.
- The use of the skill honing areas at the Learning Center such as the practice range, short game area, and training holes will be limited to Learning Center members holding season passes only with necessary social distancing protocols in place (see social distancing requirements below).
- Learning Center attendants will be responsible to socially distance members and deliver ball buckets to members. Empty ball buckets will be removed by attendants so that members do not have to touch anything.
- Golf lessons, golf club fittings and clinics will be suspended indefinitely
Sanitization Measure to be Employed at All Golf Courses:
- All high-touch areas will be routinely, and after each use, cleaned and disinfected in accordance with CDC guidelines. Such areas include, but are not limited to, golf carts, counter tops, door knobs, other common surfaces, range buckets and other frequently touched surfaces including employee used equipment. It shall be the Park Commission policy to ensure cleaning procedures following a known or potential exposure at the golf course in compliance with CDC recommendations.
- The safety and well-being of the Park Commission’s staff and all golfers is of paramount importance. For this reason, the Commission is committed to ensuring that all of its golf courses have a sufficient number of workers to perform the above protocols effectively.
Social Distancing Requirements at All Golf Courses:
- Park Commission staff, golfers, and all other individuals are required to wear cloth face coverings in all settings on the golf course where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain, except where doing so would inhibit that individual’s health, or where the individual is under two years of age.
- Golfers shall at all times and, in particular, when on golf tee boxes and golf greens maintain appropriate social distancing by remaining six feet apart from others.
Please be on the lookout for additional information and please continue to social distance. We cannot express how much we appreciate your understanding during such an unusual time. We look forward to seeing you all this Saturday and beyond!!!
– Somerset County Park Commission Golf Operations
Spooky Brook Golf Course opened in 1970. Edmund B. Ault designed this easy to walk course. It is a relatively flat and open layout that features generous-sized greens.
Spooky Brook plays at 6,655 yards and par 72 (36-36) from the longest of four sets of tees. The back nine is a bit more demanding off the tee than the front. Water comes into play sparingly, but does so prominently on the dogleg left par-four 17th hole, where a pond must be crossed on the downhill approach shot. There are four par fours over 400 yards from the back tees with the longest being the dogleg left fourth hole at 446 yards. The 410-yard 14th is a picturesque straightaway hole, playing gently downhill off the tee and then uphill to the green. A tall oak tree stands on the right side of the fairway about 25 yards short of green, and its overhanging branches can come into play on the approach shot.
Spooky Brook is located at 582 Elizabeth Avenue in Franklin Township, about five minutes from Route 287. It has a driving range and a large practice green. Golf merchandise and snacks are available in the clubhouse.